Purchase the JPM Standard, as featured in the latest ASTM Compilation.
MAKING PRODUCTIVITY VISIBLE TO EVERYONE
Here are just a few of the research projects involving MCA:
We Built this City - Electri International
- An investigation of factors impacting the growth or decline of Union market share in large cities.
Developing a Standard Format for Calculating Market Share - Electri International
- A study to develop a format for calculating the market share of electrical contractors that is agreed upon and implementable by NECA chapters, IBEW locals, ABC Chapters, and the U.S. Government.
Ideal Job Site Inventory Levels to Improve Profitability - Electri International
Operational Model for Increasing Profitability of Electrical Distributors - National Association of Electrical Distributors
- A study on the ideal maximum and minimum inventory levels for increased contractor profitability.
- A study on transforming an electrical distributor into a low-cost-producer without losing value in the supply chain.
A Comparison of Operational Cost of Union vs. Non-union Electrical Contractors. - Electrical Contracting Foundation
The Impact of Variation on Electrical Contracting Profitability - Electrical Contracting Foundation
- A study on the cost impact and difference between union vs. non-union contract workers.
Procurement Chain Management in the Construction Industry - Electrical Contracting Foundation
- A study on the contributing factors of variation that will impact the profitability of the electrical contractor.
- A study on the effect of general contractors and owners attempting to vertically integrate the supply chain by buying directly from manufacturers.
- An online presentation of this research with recorded voice-over can be found here.
A Strategy for Improving the Electrical Contracting Industry - Electrical Contracting Foundation
- A study to identify a profitable strategy for electrical contractors that creates win-win relationships within the electrical industry.
Wireless Technology and the Electrical Contractor - Electrical Contracting Foundation
- A study answering some fundamental questions regarding the threats and opportunities that wireless technology presents to the electrical contracting industry.
Optimal Operational Model for Electrical Contractors - Electrical Contracting Foundation
- A study to investigate the productivity improvement principles used in various industries and to suggest models that can be implemented for use in the electrical construction industry.